No problem, really.
- Take an Arduino Uno.
- Use an emulator from Altair8800 emulator (under GPLv2). Not the whole code, just CPU emulation.
- Our HAL – Hardware Abstraction Layer can be really simple. My “virtual machine” has a 4kB ROM, mapped in 0x0000-0x0fff (PROGMEM) and an 1 kB RAM, mapped in 0x1000-0x13ff. You can resize RAM up to cca 1.5 kB)
- Virtual 8080 port 1 is mapped to the real serial port. Virtual port 0xFE is mapped to the built-in LED (just for fun)
- Take a source code for Tiny BASIC.
- Compile it via ASM80.com – online assembler. It needs two slight modification for MACRO.
- Make a binary version as basic.h
- Compile, upload, and voila, it works!
- Compile TinyBASIC version 2 too (change port numbers is needed)
- Finally: Publish it all on GitHub.
Have a nice day