FT800 provides a powerful feature set in a small package to create dynamic HMI interfaces. The device supports line by line graphics rendering to 1/16 of a pixel on displays with resolution up to 512 x 512 with 262K colours. It also provides:
- Mono audio output
- 64 in-built polyphonic tones
- Decode for mono 8-bit linear PCM, 4-bit ADPCM and μ-Law coding format at sampling frequencies from 8kHz to 48kHz
- SPI/I2C interface to host MCU
- 1.8V to 3.3V IO levels to host MCU
FTDI FT800 is packaged in 48QFN, but there are a lot of ready devices. Here are some of them:
- MIKROE-1429 (Mouser sells it too)
- Digikey sells some FT800 boards, with or without touch screens
- Look for FT800 modules directly at FTDI.
Datasheet, info etc at EVE homepage.